It was late at night, around 10.
I was standing at the bus stop, trying to shelter from the rain with my bag pack.
It wasn't long until the bus came, and I got in.
I sat and looked outside the window, I had a long ride waiting.
Few other people were in, some got off, and others got on.
As we approached a bus stop, I could see a girl standing under the rain.
She had short hair, and was wearing a red coat.
She looked beautiful.
She got on the bus, and sat beside me.
It was not long before she sparked a conversation.
I didn't mind a friendly chat, besides, this way I could look her in the eyes without seeming like a creep.
She had beautiful eyes.
We talked about the bus system, it was a good starter.
She told me she had been waiting for over an hour, and that even one had passed but completely ignored her.
We ranted about our buses for a while.
She then asked me where I was going, I told her where I lived - I've always enjoyed talking about it,
I'm proud of my beautiful neighborhood.
She payed close attention to everything I said.
Now that I remember, asides from ranting about the bus, she was overall quiet.
Suddenly she leaned her head on my shoulder and smiled.
"You're a very nice person."
I tried to move away, because I didn't want her to get wet.
Once more I stared outside the window, she grabbed my left hand.
I think she could feel my stop was near.
I smiled, and counted the stops.
I wanted her contact info, her name... but for some reason I just kept counting.
I was never good at those things, even if she was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen.
It was only a few more stops, she held my hand tight.
She was warm, and it felt nice. But soon it begun to hurt.
Just as I thought my hand was burning, the bus arrived at my stop.
I stood up, and waved goodbye.
She didn't look at me, though. Just gave me a smile.
I walked home quickly.
Once I was in, I went to the kitchen to get something to eat.
I realized my left hand was freezing, I could no longer feel anything more than a slight burn.
I made sure to warm it up.
Then I went to bed, and fell asleep thinking about her beautiful eyes.
No comments:
Post a Comment